Recently We've been asked to define Big Fish Ministries.
What is it and what do we do?
Big Fish Ministries really began as an idea God placed in Thom's head and heart, July 2002, after he rededicated his life to the Lord. We were still separated at the time (Kris was obviously still involved in the occult) and Thom was coming out of the night club scene where he'd been a successful DJ.
(Do you like the "big fish"? This was BFM's logo in 2002)
Thom began doing a lot of research on the internet about growing closer to God through Bible study and prayer. He discovered a website called 24-7 Prayer, a movement out of the United Kingdom, and was immediately intrigued with the notion of continual prayer. God put it on Thom's heart to sponsor a week of non-stop prayer in the church he'd started attending after his re-dedication to Jesus and Big Fish Ministries was officially born.
Truthfully, BFM nearly ended multiple times before it could even start as Thom and Kris struggled with our marriage (not to mention spiritual issues) from 2002-2007. However, God is good and always has a plan! Once we got ourselves straightened out spiritually, doctrinally, and relationally, the Holy Spirit has made sure to renew the desire to serve Him through full-time ministry. The vision lives in both of us!
It's been a slow process these last three years, getting started and waiting on the Lord. Yet in that time God has been allowing us to do "the stuff" here and there, define the goals of Big Fish Ministries, and put faith into practice.
So let me introduce you to Big Fish Ministries today. We are based out of the Grand Rapids, MI area, but as Thom says we'll go anywhere there is a need if the resources are available.
What is Big Fish Ministries
What We Do:
- Kristine ReMixed ( Inspirational and informational blog about Christian life)
- Speaking on topics relevant to life (Testimony, prayer, spiritual warfare, marriage, homelessness, dealing with depression, the occult )
- Spiritual Warfare Counseling (Meeting the needs of people dealing with spiritual harassment or have come out of the occult)
What We Would Like To Facilitate:
- Worship and Art Night (Partnering with churches/ministries for a time of worship, prayer, and spiritual expression through artistic media…painting, sculpture, drawing)
- Mobile Prayer Rooms (offering dedicated space for people to express their prayers in a variety of ways including art, music, writing, etc)
- Social Justice (working with other churches/ministries to give blankets to homeless, meet needs of local communities as they are discovered, provide resources for the homeless, educate people about the problem of human trafficking and more)
- Unity of The Church (Put simply a desire and a calling to work toward one goal, Unity of the Church by bringing many congregations and faith families together in unity to BE The Church)
We reach out to those "on the fringe" of society or feel disenfranchised from the church.
We believe in relationships over programs.
We are passionate for the ways of Jesus.
We need fellow Christians who will come along side us in ministry and support what God is doing through Big Fish Ministries.
Please prayerfully consider partnering with us!